Guide to Selling a Home
Setting Your Home's Listing Price
Listing your home at the right price - the first time - is
the most important step in the marketing process. There
are many dangers in overpricing a listing, even if the price is
reduced later on.
10 Dangers of an Overpriced Listing
1. Sellers lose the positive impact of the newness of
their home on the market, and can lose prime selling time.
2. Buyers concentrate on objections and minimize good
features of the home.
3. Sales associates lose enthusiasm about showing
properties that Buyers reject due to price. They prefer showing
homes where their chances of selling are better.
4. Sellers place themselves in a poor position to
obtain maximum dollars, since property can become “shop worn.”
5. Sellers lose valuable time. Time is wasted in
preparing for showings; families are separated needlessly when
an out of town transfer is involved, and school openings are
6. Sellers lose money in more house payments, utility
bills, taxes and insurance.
7. Buyers become suspicious, thinking that there is
something wrong with either the home or the neighborhood, when a
home has been on the market too long. Buyers always ask how long
the house has been on the market.
8. Negotiations between Buyers and Sellers usually
break down when a home is overpriced because a Seller does not
recognize a good offer when he/she sees one.
9. Seller loses opportunities to buy another home, or
incur additional costs when carrying two mortgages.
10. Statistically homes that are on the market longer
sell for less than fair market value
The Comparative Market Analysis
Before putting your home on the market, your REALTOR®
from CENTURY 21 Jeff Keller Realty will provide a current
Comparative Market Analysis. This report will list homes
that are similar to yours that are currently on the market,
under contract, and recently sold. This report will give
you a better understanding of what your home is worth to avoid
the costly mistake of overpricing.
Questions or Concerns?
us today for a free, professional consultation.